Publisher Nintendo and developer Monolith Soft have released an eight-minute synopsis trailer for Xenoblade Chronicles 3.
Here’s an overview of the game via Nintendo.com:
live to fight fight for life
Join Noah and Mio, members of two warring nations, Keves and Agnus, on a heartfelt journey through a warring world with a dark secret. Traverse vast, fantastical landscapes and master seamless, real-time RPG combat as you uncover the real enemy pulling the strings.
Enter seamless real-time RPG combat
- Make your approach – Draw your weapon when encountering an enemy to seamlessly enter the battle. Attack automatically, then use powerful skills called arts to strive for victory. Freely swap out the character you control to suit your fighting style and strategy.
- Be smart, use art! – Special attacks, known as arts, are unique to your character’s class and their Ouroboros form. Think about proper positioning to maximize her power by letting some hits deal higher damage or apply debuffs.
- Unleash a powerful chain attack – You can link multiple attacks with stunning chain attacks to crush enemies. Land more consecutive punches to unleash a massive punch of your choice.
- Customize your party – Customize your characters at any time with classes, arts, gems and accessories to create a party that suits your style and needs. Max out a class rank to earn its powerful mastercraft.
Band together and fight as one
By teaming up in combat via Interlinking, certain pairs of characters in your party can merge into an extremely powerful creature known as the Ouroboros.
Change the responsibility to adapt the form and arts of the ouroboros to your approach.
Strike an unlikely alliance
These fate-defying soldiers on opposite sides of an endless conflict must shed their mistrust of one another and work together to learn the truths of their world.
- Noah – As a Keves soldier, he wields a glowing red blade in battle. He is also an “off-seer” – someone who brings the souls of fallen soldiers back to their queen.
- million – Her speed on the battlefield allows her to easily dodge attacks while dealing damage with her ring-shaped weapons. Like Noah, Mio is an “off-seer”.
- euni – A soldier of Keves who fights alongside her childhood friends Noah and Lanz. Equipped with a tubular weapon called the Gunrod, Eunie quickly heals all allies in distress.
- Taion – A soldier of Agnus who commands paper-like weapons. He acts as a tactician on the battlefield, using his cunning and intellect to aid his allies.
- lance – A childhood friend of Noah’s and a Keves soldier. His strength allows him to wield a large sword that doubles as a shield.
- Sena – This tiny soldier of Agnus possesses supersized power to bash enemies with her huge hammer.
- heroes – Brave residents of Aionios can lend their weapons and skills to your team as the seventh party member. Only one of these heroes can enter the battlefield at a time, but you can swap them out at will. Complete her hero quest to unlock her unique class for your party members.
Explore a rich and vast world
Forge your own path through breathtaking sci-fi landscapes full of discovery. Search the world to find new locations, items, treasures and unique monsters. As you travel, you might even notice a few well-known landmarks…
- Aionios – Home to vast and varied landscapes such as grassy plains, lakes, forests, snowscapes, oceans and waterfalls – all filled with surreal sights and diverse wildlife. Its natural splendor contrasts with the grisly conflict that is fought here.
- colonies – Settlements scattered across the land serve as a base of operations for the nations of Keves and Agnus. There you can cook, craft gems to boost your skills, and accept quests to help residents with everyday tasks.
- Ferronis – These mobile bases are located at the heart of each colony. If necessary, they can also become devastating weapons of war.
- Masked Queens – Shadowy rulers lead Keves and Agnus – but to what end? For the people of Aionios, receiving a homecoming ceremony before their queen is the highest honor.
Xenoblade Chronicles 3 Coming to Switch on July 29th.
Check out the trailer below.