Volanta, a free flight tracking and community tool, has just been updated to version 1.3. The brand new version focuses on new ways to import your flights, the ability to mark flights and being faster overall.
One of the most requested features finally arrives with Volanta 1.3; the ability to import as a CSV file. If you have flights saved in this file format, you can now manually import them into Volanta and add them to your collection of flights in the app. Once done, now you can do that too mark flights This allows you to classify them into specific categories.
Other new features include the fact that aircraft now have ‘home’ locations, you can now pre-submit flights on IVAO and also filter flights based on new conditions. Additionally, those of you who use FlightGear can now track your flights with Volanta.
The speed has also improved enormously with the new update. Finding and viewing flights is now much faster than before.
Another area improved in version 1.3 is accessibility. Updated translations for different languages while the app is now better for users with screen readers.
You can get the new update from Volanta just by opening the app and downloading the new update. If you haven’t tried it yet, you can access Volanta for free on their website.
To get the most out of Volanta, consider purchasing a Volanta Premium subscription. Premium features include unlimited 4K screenshot uploads, access to schedules, cloud storage and more. You can sign up for AU$6.35 (excluding tax) per month.
- Flights can now be organized into tags. Check them out in the Notes tab on your flight. You can also filter the flight list by tags.
- Import past flights manually from a CSV file. Available in Settings -> Data Import/Export.
- Scheduled flights in your roster can now be reordered using drag and drop.
- Support for FlightGear, a free flight simulator.
- Each aircraft now has a “home” location.
- The flight list and flight details page have been significantly improved.
- Filter search fields on the Flights and Planes page now show a drop-down list of possible options.
- Flights can be filtered by call sign.
- Flights can be filtered by date (before, after and on) using a date picker
- Support for pre-announcing flights on IVAO.
- Performance improvements across the app, especially when loading the web/mobile version of Volanta.
- Improved accessibility especially for users with screen readers.
- Importers now support languages other than English.
- The number of screenshot likes you received is now visible on your profile.
- Flight briefing summary now shows correct TOW instead of gross weight
- Fixed some issues with liking screenshots, especially on profile pages.
- Scheduling a SimBrief flight with no callsign or aircraft no longer sends “NULL” to SimBrief.
- Adjusted simplified METAR order (it’s now pressure, temperature, then wind)
- Lots of translation updates, thanks to everyone who helped make Volanta more accessible to people around the world! Learn more: https://translate.volanta.app/
- Many dependencies have been updated to their latest version (Electron, Angular, chart.js and more)