Action RPG Valkyrie Elysium will be available on September 29th for PlayStation 5 and PlayStation 4, followed by PC via Steam on November 11th, publisher Square Enix and developer Soleil announced.
The Standard Edition will be available for $59.99. On PlayStation 5 and PlayStation 4, the Digital Deluxe Edition costs $74.99 and includes the Svartaljr: Sword of the Goddess of the Underworld Valkyrie gear, as well as PlayStation 5 and PlayStation 4 versions Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth. On PC, the Digital Deluxe Edition costs $64.99 and includes Svartaljr: Sword of the Goddess of the Underworld Valkyrie gear.
The PlayStation 5 and PlayStation 4 versions of Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth are ported from the PSP version and include the new features “Rewind”, “Quick Save” and “Visual Presets”. It will also be available separately through the PlayStation Store for 2,750 yen (Western price to be announced).
In Japan, the standard edition of Valkyrie Elysium costs 8,580 yen and the Digital Deluxe Edition costs 10,780 yen. A Square Enix e-STORE-exclusive Collector’s Edition will also be available for 19,980 yen, which includes a copy of the game for PlayStation 5 or PlayStation 4. Valykrie Profile: Lenneth Download code “The Art of Valkyrie Elysium” art book, Valkyrie Elysium Japanese writing, original mini soundtrack and acrylic cards of the Valkyrie and the mysterious character in black armor.
Get the latest details below.
- Valkyrie (voiced by Akari Kitou) – The protagonist. Odin gave her the fate of world salvation and she has the task of purifying the souls of the earthly world.
- Odin (voiced by Kenjiro Tsuda) – The All-Father who rules all things. After being injured in a fight against Fenrir, he is unable to move on his own.
- Fenrir (voiced by Ryuusei Nakao) – A beast who harbors an intense hatred and desire for revenge against Odin, and pulls the strings behind the scenes to take everything from him.
- ??? – A mysterious woman who blocks the Valkyrie’s path countless times. She wears black armor but looks like the Valkyrie…
- Einherjar – Spirits that serve the Valkyrie and play a central role in the story between Valkyrie and Fenrir. In combat, they fight alongside and support the Valkyrie, aiding in combos and bestowing attributes during summoning. Master the use of Einherjar to gain a tactical advantage in battle.
- eygon (voiced by Tetsu Inada) – A einherjar who fights with a large sword. Before his death he was a knight for a certain country.
- cipher (voiced by Akira Ishida) – A einherjar wielding a bow and dual swords. A former slave trader.
And here’s an overview of the game, via Square Enix:
The latest title in the Valkyrie series is finally here! This action RPG features the series’ signature einherjar and combo systems, allowing players to enjoy fast-paced, three-dimensional combat. The game’s unique art style beautifully depicts a collapsing world as Ragnarok emerges, while series veteran Motoi Sakuraba returns to bring the title to an unforgettable soundtrack.
Long ago, Ragnarok – the end times – loomed over the realms.
Odin, the All-Father, with his last strength created an emissary of salvation, Valkyrie; Your only task is to save a doomed world.
- High speed action RPG – Hover effortlessly across the battlefield and perform high-speed actions with the new Soul Chain system. Utilize a wide range of skills and abilities at the Valkyrie’s disposal to unleash devastating combos.
- Einherjar – Summon Einherjar – powerful warrior spirits chosen by the Valkyrie – to aid you in battle! Summoning Einherjar imbues the Valkyrie with elemental bonuses and gives players a tactical advantage in battle.
- Combo and Divine Arts system – The “Art Gauge” fills up as players perform a continuous J19 stream of attacks and sustain combos. Consuming the Arts bar allows the Valkyrie to perform powerful special moves known as Divine Arts.
- Upgrade and customization features – Upgrade your weapons, skills and Einherjar/Divine Arts combos to suit your playstyle.
Check out a new trailer below. Look at a new sentence Valkyrie Elysium Screenshots here, and Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth screenshots here.
Release Date Trailer