Project Lumina will release two new downloadable content characters for Meltblood: Type Lumina this summer, followed by two more this winter, the company said.
Several free update plans and an official US tournament were also announced.
Get the details below.
Future update plans
- Two more playable characters will be added this summer, followed by two more playable characters this winter.
- Major updates for all characters and systems.
- Combo damage is now displayed during combat.
- Increased custom color slots in customization mode.
- Added “Save status and continue status” to restart training mode.
- A new feature has been added to Replay mode to make watching replays more convenient.
- Changed to be able to pass in a player match when the number of players in a room is low.
- Modified player match invite feature for ranked matches.
- Train readiness for ranked matches has been changed to make it easier to match.
- Functional modification and improvement of network mode.
- More major renovations and feature additions planned!
Other game updates
- Two new official tournament plaques can be purchased from the menu screen for 4,000 CP.
- Added about 400 free words.
- Added simple messages to player matches.
Official Tournament: United States, hosted by Eliphant
- That Meltblood: Type Lumina Official Tournament: United States Central Qualifier to be held July 23-24; the West Qualifier on September 24-25; and the East Qualifier on November 12-13. Registration for the Central Qualifier is now open via Battlefy. Registration for the West Qualifier opens on August 29; and for the Easy Qualifier on October 17th.
- Qualifying rounds will be held in three districts. The top eight finishers from each qualifying round will be invited to the final. Qualifiers are online, grand finals are offline.
- The grand live finale will take place in December 2022.
- Prizes include:
- All participants: Limited color palette (for those who participated in the first round on the day of the tournament)
- Quarterfinals: Limited in-game customization icon for 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th-8th place.
- First place: Championship plaque with player’s name (will be sent after the Grand Final).
- Prize money: $500 per qualifier. The final round offers a total of $5,000.
- Visit the tournament website here.
Meltblood: Type Lumina is available now for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Switch and PC via Steam.