It’s a big week for fall guys – It will be free-to-play and will be released simultaneously on Xbox and Nintendo Switch.
The new season of Fall Guys is appropriately named Season 1: Free for all. It’s a reset of sorts, introducing a new currency and Season Pass for players to enjoy.
To keep you posted when Fall Guys launches into a free-to-play model, below is everything you need to know about the new season, from how the new currency works to ways you can earn rewards can by prior appointment.
On this page:
Fall Guys release time estimate for free-to-play, Xbox and Switch
UPDATE (9:30 a.m.): And we are apparently live! Although Mediatonic does not officially announce it, we can sign up on PS4, Xbox and PC respectively.
If you’re still unable to log in, here are the latest Fall Guys patch notes and a new gameplay trailer for the season:
ORIGINAL REPORT: Fall Guys Season 1: Free For All is coming to PlayStation, Xbox, PC and Nintendo Switch on June 21st. At this point, the game will become free-to-play and will see the release of a range of new content, as well as optimizations to existing systems.
Although the exact release time of Fall Guys Free-to-Play is yet to be announced by developer Mediatonic, the in-game counter for the end of the current season is as follows:
- UK: 1pm (BST / UK)
- Europe: 2 p.m. (CEST / Western Europe)
- US East Coast: 8:00 am (EST / US East Coast)
- US West Coast: 5am (PST / US West Coast)
This aligns with previous updates like hotfixes or major updates adding things like Jump Showdown where Fall Guys is usually updated in the afternoon UK time.
Why is there no exact time? According to Mediatonic, they first want to make sure “there are no gremlins in the system”. In any case, it will likely be during UK working hours today, assuming all goes smoothly.
Cheer up for tomorrow!
We do not publish the exact timing of our updates so we can confirm that there are no gremlins in the system
If you open the game before we announce anything, you may see the following:
👀 No new challenges
👀 No new show
👀 Store not updated
👀 Potato (I hope not!) pic.twitter.com/s4zhXQr0vw
— Fall Guys… FREE FOR EVERYONE TODAY! 👑 (@FallGuysGame) June 20, 2022
What’s new in Season 1: Free For All?
Fall Guys is getting a reset to coincide with its release on Nintendo Switch, Xbox, and Epic Games Store. This means that the new season is actually Season 1: Free For all. There’s a lot of new content, as well as some changes to how things like currency and season passes work.
Here’s what you can expect:
- New platforms: Fall Guys will be released on June 21st for Nintendo Switch, Epic Games Store and Xbox consoles. The game will also be delisted on Steam from this date, but existing players will not be affected.
- Season 1: Free for all: The game will be free to play. Cross-platform play and progression will also come into effect, allowing you to play with players on other platforms
- PS5 version: Launching on June 21st, with faster load times and performance upgrades along the way.
- legacy package: For players who start Fall Guys before June 21st, this includes a nickname, a name tag, the Regal costume, the Veggie Dog costume, the Feisty Dwarf costume – and the Season Pass for Season 1!
- show dollars, new currency that can be used to purchase the Season Pass
- pre-registered rewards, for players who want to pre-register for the new season. You will receive a number of exclusive rewards.
Good luck in Fall Guys Season 1: Free For All!